KASS Logistics is a full-service 3rd Party Logistics provider specializing in less than truckload, full truckload and intermodal freight services. We’re growing and looking for talented individuals who can deliver the caliber of service our customers deserve and have grown to expect.
JOB SUMMARY (Previous LTL/trucking industry experience REQUIRED)
This position is a frontline representative of KASS and must consistently demonstrate our commitment to providing the highest level of service to our clients and ensuring fair business practices with each of our vendors.
- Utilize specialized TMS software
- Execute customer requests for transportation via the most efficient and cost-effective means
- Dispatch loads
- Have ability to service on-demand, as well as scheduled or routed work
- Collaborate with customers and coworkers to resolve issues
- Provide superior service to both internal and external customers
* Note experience with negotiating pricing and brokering skills is not required for this position, but would be an excellent asset and bring a higher compensation.
- Assist customers via phone, email and fax with inquiries including but not limited to rate quotes, tracing shipments, tariff discrepancies and billing and/or invoicing questions
- Recognize and resolve documentation errors
- Process over, short and damaged freight and related documentation for customer resolution
- Properly bill shipments pursuant to applicable tariffs and pricing agreements
- Resolve driver issues timely and effectively
- Collaborate with management on special assignments as requested
- Answer and direct phone calls, filing and data entry
- Support team by acting as back up during a team member absence
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have LTL or Full Truckload experience – minimum 1 year
- OS&D experience preferred
- Brokering and negotiation skills a plus
- Customer service attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Strong computer, typing and 10-key skills
- Detail oriented, accurate and analytical
- Effective at demonstrating good judgment and initiative to make sound business decisions based on multiple data sources
- Ability to communicate and establish credibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and focused
- Hard working, reliable and personable
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Prompt, daily attendance; and perform other duties as assigned
KASS Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origins, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.
Work Location: Drums PA
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: 401(k) matching, dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: LTL 1 year (Required); Freight Dispatch 1 year (Required)
Make the right move and join the KASS KREW! Submit form at bottom of this page.